Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Reese's Top 5 Favorite Pokémon

You don't know how hard this was to write because right now, there's over 700 Pokémon to choose from.

So here you go with my personal Top 5 favorite Pokémon!

#5
Flygon

When you played Pokémon as much as I have since 1998, you tend to choose Pokémon based on their base stats, but Flygon was different. 
Pokémon Ruby was my first game for my Game Boy Advance and boy I played it nonstop. 
The first time, I went in the Route 111's desert in the Hoenn Region, my first encounter was against a level 20 Trapinch. 
9 year old, me was think, either he's going to be a terrible Pokémon like Ditto or he will be a Pokémon like Charizard. 
Turns out, he wasn't terrible after all. 
When Trapinch finally got into the Flygon stage, I knew he would be a beast in battles.  
Sure, enough he was with his moveset of Dragon Claw, Hyper Beam, Flamethrower and Dragon Dance. 
Flygon was my second Pokémon to reach level 100 in my Ruby version, first being my starter Mudkip who became a Swampert.

#4
Arceus

Dubbed the God Pokémon or Creator of the all Pokémon.
Arceus is the most powerful Pokémon in the game with a base stat of 720!
I never played after Generation III. 
I know if I played Diamond or Pearl or Platinum, I would for sure catch the Arceus in the Hall of Origin. 
Like Mew, Arceus can know every TM or HM in the games. 
Its ability Multitype make Arceus become any type, depending on what plate, you give to it. 
I should someday take time and play Generation IV to see if Arceus is worth it.
The only time, I've seen Arceus was in the movie Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life
#3 
Eevee and the Eeveelutions



Since Generation I, Eevee has been one unique Pokémon with 8 evolutions now spanning 6 Generations.
Every Eeveelutions have the same base stat total of 525, but Eevee has 325.
You may have noticed that every Eeveelutions has one stat greater then other, yet 4 of the Eeveelutions (Espeon, Glaceon, Umbreon and Sylveon) share the same greater stat. 


Vaporeon = HP
Jolteon = Speed 
Flareon = Attack
Espeon  = Special Attack

 Umbreon = Special Defense

Leafeon = Defense
Glaceon = Special Attack
Sylveon = Special Defense


Espeon and Glaceon have the same 130 stat in Special Attack, while Umbreon and Sylveon have same 130 stat in Special Defense. 
No lie, if Pokémon was real, all 9 of these Pokémon will be my Pokémon on my journey or better yet I would  play with them every single day! 

#2 
Charizard and its Mega Evolutions


Like most of you, your first Pokémon game was probably either Pokémon Red or Blue Version for the Game Boy. 
My first game was Red Version and the 6 year old me picked the Pokémon that was featured on the box, which happened to be Charizard. 
When I started the game for the first time, I always named my character after me "Reese" and put the rival name's as "Dick" 
Once I got into Professor Oak's lab, I chose the Lizard Pokemon Charmander. 
As I started my journey, I always had my Charmander aka Blaze up first against any trainer or Gym Leader even if he had weakness against, but he pulled off to get a lot of Experience and still be alive to finish the last Pokémon in their party.
Every since then, Charizard has been featured on my team in Crystal and FireRed.
When I heard about Mega Evolution, I was thinking do more Mega Evolutions, but only do the starters from  the previous Five Generations of games. 
On Sept 4th, 2013, Mega Evolutions hit the Kanto Starters and once I saw Mega Charizard (now known as Mega Charizard Y) I thought DAMN it looks like absolutely beast! Yet, it was still a Fire/Flying type. My prayers were answers on Oct. 2nd, 2013, when a Blue and Black Charizard known as Mega Charizard X was revelaved. Finally after 15 years, Charizard became a Fire/Dragon type.

#1

Lucario

I have never seen a beast like this Pokémon. 
Lucario would be first Pokémon if I went on a journey.
I will first start with a Riolu and give happiness every time, when we practice battling then we can start going to Gym Leaders or other trainers to give Riolu the exp and happiness, it needs to evolve into Lucario. 
Once, its Lucario, he will have the best moveset of Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Shadow Craw and fianlly Calm Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment